Sponsoring UK Rehab Con 2023: BSPRM, BASCIS and Guttmann meeting
Summit Medical and Scientific are pleased to announce bronze sponsorship of UK Rehab Con 2023, the joint event for the British Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (BSPRM), British Association of Spinal Cord Injury Specialists (BASCIS), and the Guttmann Conference.
UK Rehab Con is taking place at the University of Sheffield Octagon Centre from the 3rd – 5th July. Click here to register and view the full programme.
This event brings together all the key professionals in the different streams of specialist rehabilitation, including spinal cord injury rehabilitation, neurorehabilitation, amputee rehabilitation, trauma rehabilitation and musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
Demonstrating upper limb rehabilitation technology
Summit Medical and Scientific will be exhibiting in the trade exhibition area at UK Rehab Con on Stand 20. Here we will be representing our rehabilitation technology partners and demonstrating the Hocoma ArmeoSenso upper limb rehabilitation device.
The ArmeoSenso offers highly intensive arm therapy for mild to moderate impairment, using sensors and Augmented Performance Feedback to train upper limb function and train gripping function.
Sensors in the hand module, and attached to the wrist, upper arm and chest, allow the patient to interact with game-like exercises whilst tracking their movement in a 3D workspace, providing immediate feedback and reports.
Patients are motivated to engage with their exercises for self-initiated and self-directed therapy with minimal supervision required, and unwanted compensatory movements are detected by the sensors to ensure patients complete their therapy in a physiologically correct way.
The total solution for neurorehabilitation
“We should be looking at how we can enhance rehabilitation with robotics, and deliver rehabilitation that is enabled by technology as much as possible.” – Dr Louise Johnson, University Hospitals Dorset.
Summit Medical and Scientific represent clinical technology leaders Hocoma and Motek to provide the total solution for neurorehabilitation in the UK. Our partners have developed innovative therapy devices using robotics, sensors and virtual reality for early and acute rehabilitation, gait and balance therapy, arm and hand therapy, body weight support and more.
Our devices from Hocoma include:
- The Andago free-moving overground robotic body weight support system.
- The 4-device Armeo Therapy Concept for mild to severely impaired upper limb rehabilitation, including the NEW ArmeoSpring Pro.
- The Erigo robotic tilt-table for early verticalisation, with cyclic leg movement and FES therapy.
- The Lokomat for intensive early robotic-assisted gait training.
Our devices from Motek include:
- The CAREN (Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment), a versatile, multi-sensory system for clinical gait and balance training.
- The C-Mill treadmill for the evaluation and training of impaired gait and balance using virtual reality, augmented reality and force plate technology.
- The HERO Solution for complete functional rehabilitation after long-term immobilisation such as COVID-19.
- The GRAIL (Gait Realtime Analysis Interactive Lab) for gait analysis and training in challenging conditions.
- The next generation RYSEN 3D body weight support system, assisting patients in an unrestricted, all-directional, assist as-needed capacity.
About Summit Medical and Scientific
Summit Medical and Scientific are passionate about the power of rehabilitation technology.
To find out more about incorporating state-of-the-art devices into your clinical practise or case manager recommendations, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 3459863.