Cometa launches all-new range of EMG and IMU sensors
Our partner Cometa have launched an exciting all-new range of electromyography (EMG) and inertial measurement unit (IMU) sensors!
Debuted in the UK for the first time at CMAS 2023 by Summit Medical and Scientific, the all-new WaveX EMG is not just the evolution of the Cometa Wave Plus, but it is the result of years of research and feedback from the market, obtaining unparalleled user experience.
About the WaveX
Setting the new standard for wireless EMG technology.
- Up to 36 channels simultaneously
- Fast memory download via wifi
- 8 hours onboard memory
- Integrated IMU up to 500Hz
- 40 Configurable analogue outputs
- 18/36 channel architecture
- New receiver with touchscreen
- MDR and MHRA class IIa certification
The WaveX’s all-new sensors features even more combinations:
- MiniX: Flexible EMG and IMU sensor with Cometa’s trusted waterproof option. Read more.
- PicoX: New Pico system with integrated IMU, slightly bigger for extended range. Read more.
- TrackX: Small and high sampling IMU sensor, synched with EMG, with analogue output options. Read more.
- Picolite: The smallest EMG on the market, upgraded. Read more.
About the MiniX
Data logging and real time EMG has never been so flexible.
The MiniX is Cometa’s flagship model, completely redesigned and upgraded.
Evolved from the Mini Wave EMG, the MiniX now includes a more powerful transmitter, a new enclosure, and an IMU sensor that can be used together with the EMG or by itself.
The new MiniX is 15% smaller than the previous Mini Wave sensor, and packs even more features including reaching new depths with the new waterproof version of the Cometa MiniX EMG – now IP68 certified up to 5 meters of underwater depth.
About the PicoX
A new EMG solution, now with integrated IMU.
PicoX is the evolution of the widely-appreciated Pico EMG and includes a more powerful transmitter, a new enclosure and an IMU sensor that can be used together with the EMG or by itself.
- 2000 Hz EMG sampling frequency
- 500 Hz IMU sampling frequency
- Extended 40 meters indoor range
- 10 hours battery life
- Up to 36 synchronized channels
About the TrackX
The ultimate solution for inertial motion tracking.
All upgraded IMU sensors, IP68 waterproof versions available.
The new Cometa TrackX IMU is the new frontier of inertial motion tracking. The system is a completely redesigned evolution to the WaveTrack IMU sensors, and has been upgraded in all aspects.
The TrackX is half the size of the previous Wave Track sensor, and includes wifi for faster download. It has kept the same excellent range of us, and has increased the frequency of acquisition up to 400 Hz.
About the Picolite
A classic, upgraded.
The Picolite by Cometa is the next generation of Pico EMG sensors for the new WaveX wireless EMG system.
- 2000 Hz EMG sampling frequency
- 20 hours battery life
- 7 grams total weight
- 30 meters indoor range
- Integrated clip connections
Summit Medical and Scientific are Cometa‘s sales partner in the UK. Get in touch today to find out more about incorporating state-of-the-art EMG and IMU technology into your next project.
Contact us via email at email@example.com or call 01372 3459863.
Want to see all of our biomechanics technology? View all our devices here.