Use of VR and robotics in paediatric rehab: research & clinical application
“Use of virtual reality and robotics in paediatric rehabilitation: The research and clinical application” offers a review of the supporting evidence for the use of advanced technology in paediatric rehabilitation.
Learn how Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare maximises their patient’s outcomes through the use of the LokomatPro Sensation.
In this session you will learn about the following key topics:
- Current evidence for the use of virtual reality in paediatric rehabilitation
- Recommendations on the integration of advanced technology
- How technology decreases hurdles in clinical practice
- Understand the benefits of the LokomatPro Sensation
Amy Schulz, PT, MPT, NCS, Inpatient Lead Physical Therapist and Clinical Educator, at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
- MSc in Physical Therapy from the University of Wisconsin, 2001
- Lead inpatient physical therapist at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN, since 2004
- Areas of interest and expertise include cerebral palsy, brain injury, spinal cord injury, somatoform disorders, gait, and the use of rehabilitation technology.
- Lokomat instructor for 2 years, with over a decade of experience with the device
Amy Clune, PT, DPT, Outpatient Physical Therapist, Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Des Moines University, 2018
- Outpatient staff physical therapist at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN, for 3 years
- Specialized in pediatric patients with a variety of complex medical diagnoses including Cerebral Palsy, post-operative children with and without developmental delays, genetic disorders, among many others.
- Using the Lokomat with pediatric patients for 3 years and served as a mentor for her colleagues on the newest model of Lokomat technology
Natalee Takasumi, PT, DPT, DVM, Head of Clinical Applications, Americas, DIH Technology, Inc.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from University of Colorado, 2014
- Head of Clinical Applications, North America for DIH Technologies, Inc.
- Extensive knowledge of the Lokomat and advanced rehabilitation technology due to her previous clinical practice at Craig Hospital between 2014 and 2019