The RYSEN is the next generation of 3D body weight support.
Developed by Motek, the RYSEN supports patients in an all-directional, assist as-needed capacity to improve movement function. The RYSEN offers therapists and patients the opportunity to train movement, gait and balance in an unrestricted and safe environment, both for clinical and research purposes.
Its technology combines adjustable vertical body weight support with horizontal and vertical assistive forces, maximising a patient’s freedom of movement, engagement, and recovery results.
Who can use the RYSEN?
The RYSEN system can be used by patients with movement disorders who are unable to perform their physical therapy without body weight support. These disorders may be the result of various clinical conditions or disorders, such as stroke, spinal injury, or amputations.
A patient’s top priority is to regain their quality of life as quickly and efficiently as possible. However, traditional therapy is dependent on external help and manual support, as well as limited by facilities and activities. Pressure and strain is put upon the patient and therapist alike.
How the RYSEN helps patients
- Earlier rehabilitation in true-to-life training conditions
- Patients can rely on safe and certified technology
- Reduces risk of injury and falls
- Patients stay motivated and enjoy therapy
- The RYSEN offers various levels of support, and can be tailored to each patient
- Patients and therapists can focus on what matters the most: recovery
How the RYSEN helps therapists
Day-to-day, therapists strive to deliver the best care for their patients. However, conventional therapy equipment can restrict you and your patient – hindering freedom of movement, causing strain, and increasing the risk of further injury. The RYSEN helps with:
- An earlier start with supported rehabilitation: set up a therapy program quickly and easily with the RYSEN’s intuitive interface
- Patient-tailored functional therapy: adjust the RYSEN’s assistive forces for each patient
- Improved patient safety and outcome: Allow the patient to perform natural overground gait, balance and transfer training hands-free with a remote device and integrated fall prevention
- Minimising interference with the patient’s voluntary movements
Other Motek Products
For research and clinical uses.
The Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment (CAREN) is a versatile, multi-sensory system used for clinical analysis, rehabilitation, evaluation and training of human movement, balance and gait.
DynSTABLE & STABLE
These products are a clinical solution for assessment and training of impaired balance and stability. Both use virtual reality, and the DynSTABLE features a force plate within a moving platform.
The GRAIL (Gait Realtime Analysis Interactive Lab) is a complete solution for gait analysis on 25m², and training in challenging conditions on a dual-belt instrumented treadmill with fast pitch and sway.
The HapticMaster VR is a haptic robot designed to give users a realistic sense of touch in a virtual or remote world using their upper extremities.
The M-Gait is a modular 3D instrumented dual-belt treadmill, which can have various upgrades to enhance your set-up such as pitch and sway, motion capture, bodyweight support and virtual reality.
Smaller than the C-Mill (now distributed by Hocoma), the N-Mill is a single belt treadmill with an optional force plate.
Including D-Flow, a control software suite which provides real-time data streams and users can easily create their own applications, and The Human Body Model for visualisations of muscle forces of the subject’s body on-screen.