Software by Motek
Reliable software for real-time synchronised data and hardware integration.
The unique D-Flow software by Motek is a control software suite that provides real-time data streams between many types of integrated hardware.
Advantages of the D-Flow software for clinical and research applications include:
- Multiple separate devices can be combined into one single real-time device, offering unique opportunities for research, clinical treatment and training.
- The modular design allows easy integration of any hardware device.
- It enables a subject to be immersed in a real-time feedback loop where motions and behaviour are considered an input, and the output is having the system respond to the motions of the subject and the subject motions to the system.
- It allows users to define inputs, perturbations, and sensory conflicts provided by the subject, offering unique possibilities for research, clinical rehabilitation, prosthetics fitting and dynamic alignment.
- An intuitive interface which allows operators to easily control hardware, tailor applications, or define their own applications without requiring programming skills.
Real-Time Feedback Loop
“ D-Flow enables us as researchers to design our own experimental protocols with minimal programming skills. And opens up the possibility to adjust existing treatment or research applications to our very own preferences and needs.”
– M.R. (Maarten) Prins, PhD, Military Rehabilitation Center Aardenburg, Doorn
Human Body Model
The Human Body Model allows real-time and offline biomechanical analysis, where you and your patients can see the muscle forces and force transference of the patient’s body on-screen. The Human Body Model can be used in diagnostics, rehabilitation, fundamental and applied research, sports science, ergonomics, and many other fields. We’re pleased to work with clinicians, researchers, physical therapists and exercise therapists, who benefit from able to see and analyse the internal forces and moments of their patients using the software.
300 muscles are shown in the Human Body Model, which are tracked via markers on the patient. Muscle forces become visible in real-time, and force transference in the human musculoskeletal system is clearly shown in 3D visualisations of colour and form in a 3D accurate human body muscle model.
Male, female and child muscle models are available, so all of your patients can be tracked using the HBM software and benefit from its insight. Because the HBM facilitates movement in real-time, you and your patients will receive immediate feedback which can be compared with multiple subjects or monitored for one client’s performance over time.
The Human Body Model calculates joint kinematics, joint kinetics, muscle forces, muscle lengths, and contraction velocities for visualisation and analysis. The software is easy to use and intuitive to navigate, so there are many ways of viewing graphic data of selected parameters in an interactive way.
” The Human Body Model brings real-time measurement of joint angles, joint moments and muscle forces into research, clinical decision making, and virtual environments for rehabilitation. ”
– Prof. Ton van den Bogert , Cleveland State University
Gait Offline Analysis Tool
The GOAT (Gait Offline Analysis Tool) reports and analysis multiple gait cycle’s data with user-friendly software. GOAT is valuable for efficiently post-processing gait analysis and quickly gathering data quality insights for sessions containing multiple gait cycles.
And for clinical applications, using Motek’s Gait Offline Analysis Tool software, you have the potential for quick and easy offline data processing. GOAT synchronizes data visualization from video images, 3D data, and gait graphs.
” The Gait Offline Analysis Tool enables intuitive evaluation of gait data and is the first tool that makes interpretation time effective. ”
– Prof. Dr. Ir, Jaap Harlaar, Professor of Clinical Movement Analysis, VU University Amsterdam
Other Motek Products
For research and clinical uses.
The Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment (CAREN) is a versatile, multi-sensory system used for clinical analysis, rehabilitation, evaluation and training of human movement, balance and gait.
The C-Mill is an augmented and virtual reality instrumented single belt treadmill, used for the evaluation and training of impaired gait and balance.
The GRAIL (Gait Realtime Analysis Interactive Lab) is a complete solution for gait analysis on 25m², and training in challenging conditions on a dual-belt instrumented treadmill with fast pitch and sway.
The HERO Solution, developed by Motek and in cooperation with Monitored Rehab Systems, is a 5-system solution for complete functional movement rehabilitation.
The M-Gait is a modular 3D instrumented dual-belt treadmill, which can have various upgrades to enhance your set-up such as pitch and sway, motion capture, bodyweight support and virtual reality.
The RYSEN is the next generation of 3D body weight support systems, assisting patients in an all-directional, assist as-needed capacity to improve movement function.