Armeo Extra Time: Family and caregivers can participate in rehab
Empower family, caregivers and healthcare assistants to actively participate in the patient’s journey with Extra Time training. This allows you to extend Armeo Therapy beyond regular sessions with therapists, promoting intensive training. Extra Time is available for the ArmeoSpring Pro, as well as the ArmeoSpring, ArmeoSpring Pediatric, and ArmeoSenso.
How can you use the ArmeoSpring Pro to promote inclusion of family and caregivers?
Therapists play a pivotal role in introducing Extra Time. Therapists can guide suitable patients and assistants on using Extra Time following a therapy plan already defined by the therapist. Users can enter sessions with a patient-specific password for secure access, ensuring a tailored and effective therapy guided by the step-by-step instructions in the software.
Multiplayer games allow patients, therapists, family and friends to interact with each other during therapy, increasing motivation and patient engagement with their rehabilitation.
About the ArmeoSpring Pro
- Customisable exoskeleton from paediatric patients to adult. The ArmeoSpring Pro enables training of the entire movement chain from the shoulder to the hand. It’s exoskeleton facilitates personalised therapy by allowing therapists to block specific joints and focus on selective movements.
- Motivating exercises. Game-like Augmented Performance Feedback and Virtual Reality exercises motivate to train actively core movement patterns that are commonly used in activities of daily living.
- Increased efficiency. The ArmeoSpring Pro facilitates increased therapy efficiency by reducing the therapist’s physical effort and the need for continuous therapeutic guidance.
- One device to support various therapy goals. ArmeoControl allows therapists to create a therapy plan tailored to the patients’ therapy goals. Therapy goals include cognitive training, increase range of motion in 1D, 2D, or 3D and further.
- Making patient progress visible. The reports provided by ArmeoSpring Pro include patient’s performance during the joint ROM and reaching workspace assessments. The reports allow tracking patient’s progress over time.
- Armeo Support Harness. The ArmeoSpring Pro comes with the Armeo Support Harness intended to restrict compensatory trunk movements during the therapy.
About Summit Medical and Scientific
Summit Medical and Scientific are passionate about the power of rehabilitation technology.
We represent clinical technology leaders Hocoma, Motek and Life Science Robotics to provide the total solution for rehabilitation in the UK. Our partners have developed innovative therapy devices using robotics, sensors and virtual reality for early and acute rehabilitation, gait and balance therapy, arm and hand therapy, body weight support and more. View all of our clinical solutions here.
Get in touch with Summit Medical and Scientific today to find out more about incorporating state-of-the-art rehabilitation technology into your practice. You can contact us via email, by phone (01372 459863) or our contact form.