Opportunity with Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies
A publishing opportunity has become available with the Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies.
A special collection of articles on Assistive Technology for Osteoarthritis is being curated in the Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies by Tom Wainwright, Associate Professor in Orthopaedics and Deputy Head of the Orthopaedic Research Institute at Bournemouth University.
Areas of interest for the collection include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Prevention and minimisation of the effects of OA
- Wearables, apps, connected and smart technologies to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- The use and development of orthotics to reduce the need for surgery. To brace or not to brace?
- Improved knowledge of biomechanics to reduce the incidence of OA
2. Prosthetic development and surgical techniques
- Developments in hip and knee prosthetics
- The use of robots in surgery
- The use of VR and Augmented reality in surgery training
- Usability/feasibility/proof of concept studies
3. Rehabilitation and enhanced recovery
- Clinical studies of efficacy
- Pre and post-surgery exercise regimes using both voluntary exercise and NMES
- End-user evaluations
- Mixed methods evaluations
4. Cost effectiveness and clinical implementation
- QALY analysis of the effect of ATs
- Acceptance of ATs in clinical pathways
If you have any research or projects of interest, please get in touch. Full details here.